Came up with this playlist on the beach in Florida while going on a post-breakup retreat… hence my choice of title. That beach was HOT!
1. Black Eyed Peas, Imma Be (4:16) – This song goes against my usual choice of instrumental introduction songs, but the lyrics to this song were too perfect for my state of mind… 🙂 Intro, safety talk, stretch. Standard.
2. Friendly Fires, Skeleton Boy (3:34) – Another warm up song, get those legs warm. Electronic song with indie roots.
3. David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi, Memories (3:31) – Memories, schmemories. (Not bitter). Wanted to use this song for some jumps to the 4 count during the chorus. Quick, but a great way to start the class!
4. Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco, Touch the Sky (3:57) – Makes you wanna be a rapper kinda song…. Something about the triumpant beat in the background that makes me love this song. Chorus comes, hit it up to position 2, back to position 3 during the verse.
5. Tim Mason v. Florence and the Machine, The Moment Got the Love (Ken Loi Bootleg) (6:08) – LOVE this remix. Hang out for the first two and a half minutes or so. Nice long buildup for this song, leading up to moderate sprints down in position 1 during the heavy beats of the song after the buildup. Lyrics come back in, back to light resistance up in position 3.
6. Deadmau5, Raise Your Weapon (ft Greta Svabo Bech) (8:23) – Another favorite for the books. Beautiful female vocals, with a nice long buildup to some dubstep. Once the dupstep comes in (it’s about 3 minutes in the middle of dub step), we start a heavy climb in position 3 going all the way up to SUPER HEAVY. I started the resistance down at about a 6, and gradually after every 30 second increment once the dubstep started increased the resistance by a half increment. The last minute is pretty painful, but oh it’s so nice. Another nice breakup song, listen closely 🙂
7. The Beatles, Come Together (Star Fire Remix) (4:46) – Phew, we needed a recovery song after those last two jams. This is a nice beaty remix with the Beatles classic song Come Together. Recccccover for pete’s sake!
8. Lady Gaga, Alejandro (Skrillex Remix) (6:17) – Wow, I love this remix. Skrillex is another house DJ, that Deadmau5 helped uncover. Skrillex is big into dubstep, and this songs got a little bit of that, but it’s mostly just really fun beats. This song, during the verses, we did some freestyle jumps at the student’s discretion. Come the Skrillex remix part that lasts a good minute or so, we did heavy resistance in position 3–verse comes back in, back to light resistance jumps, Skrillex remix comes back in, back to heavy resistance. You get the deal. Have fun with this one! This is another song I’d love to play every class.
9. Katy Perry ft. Kanye West, ET (3:51) – A little recovery here, as the Skrillex remix took it out of us in that last tune.
10. Alice Deejay, Better Off Alone (Lymph Project Remix) (4:09) – I used two minutes on each leg for isolations here. Moral of the story: Better off alone. 🙂
11. LMFAO ft Natalia Kills, Champagne Showers (3:57) – Another LMFAO song that’s awesome for spinning. Sprints, you’ll be able to hear when.
12. Cat Power, The Greatest (3:44) – Love Cat Power–totally relaxing. Perfect cool down song here.
Enjoy… and don’t sweat the small stuff.